Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Sometimes a "Thanks" is enough


A few days ago I received an email from a lady whose son, like mine, is currently serving with the 3rd ACR in Northern Iraq. The short note thanked me for the information I had posted to this Blog. All I did was search the internet and pick out any news I come across relating to our soldiers doing their jobs. She went on to say that news was scarce and "any news was better than no news". I could detect the worry she must be feeling every day. The lack of communication on a regular basis from our family member in Iraq and not knowing for sure that everything is 'okay' is a strain on of all the parents, spouses, children, and friends of our Soldiers serving in a War Zone. Our consolation may lie in the support we give each other and the realization that with God's help and the hard work of everyone fighting for the Freedom of Iraq and all the freedom loving people of the world, we will survive. I am proud of my son doing exactly what he is doing (whatever that is) and I know he has the very best training and equipment to perform his duty, and he will. I wouldn't have it any other way. But I worry. Thank You for showing the same concern and understanding we all share.

No comments: